Study in Canada FAQ’s


  1. Q: Why should I choose Canada as my study abroad destination? A: Canada is known for its high-quality education system, diverse and inclusive society, and vibrant multicultural cities. It offers a wide range of programs and institutions, affordable tuition fees, and excellent post-study work opportunities.
  2. Q: How do I choose the right Canadian university or college? A: Consider factors such as the reputation of the institution, program offerings, location, tuition fees, scholarships, campus facilities, and student support services. Research and compare multiple universities or colleges to find the one that aligns with your academic and personal goals.
  3. Q: Do I need a student visa to study in Canada? A: Yes, most international students require a study permit (student visa) to study in Canada. You can apply for a study permit through the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website or consult the nearest Canadian embassy or consulate in your home country for guidance.
  4. Q: What are the English language proficiency requirements for studying in Canada? A: Most Canadian universities and colleges require proof of English language proficiency through standardized tests such as IELTS or TOEFL. Each institution sets its own minimum score requirements, so check with your chosen institution for their specific requirements.
  5. Q: How much does it cost to study in Canada? A: Tuition fees in Canada vary depending on the institution, program, and level of study. On average, undergraduate programs can cost between CAD $15,000 to $35,000 per year, while graduate programs may range from CAD $10,000 to $35,000 per year. Additionally, consider living expenses, health insurance, and other costs.
  6. Q: Are scholarships available for international students studying in Canada? A: Yes, there are various scholarships, grants, and bursaries available for international students in Canada. These include institution-specific scholarships, government-funded scholarships, and external scholarship programs. Check with the respective institutions or visit the official Canadian government scholarship website for more information.
  7. Q: Can I work while studying in Canada? A: Yes, as an international student, you may be eligible to work part-time on or off-campus while studying in Canada. However, there are certain restrictions and limitations. Typically, you can work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions and full-time during scheduled breaks. Verify the specific regulations with your institution and study permit.
  8. Q: What are the post-study work opportunities in Canada? A: Canada offers excellent post-study work opportunities for international students. The Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) allows you to work in Canada for up to three years after completing your studies. It provides valuable work experience and can potentially lead to permanent residence in Canada.
  9. Q: How can I ensure a smooth transition to living and studying in Canada? A: Research the Canadian culture, climate, and local customs before you arrive. Connect with current or former international students from Canada for advice and insights. Familiarize yourself with the academic requirements, campus resources, and support services offered by your institution. Prepare your finances, travel documents, and accommodation arrangements in advance.
  10. Q: Can I bring my spouse or dependents with me to Canada while studying? A: Yes, you may be able to bring your spouse or dependents with you to Canada while studying, depending on the duration and level of your program. They may require their own visas or permits. Ensure to review the eligibility criteria and application process for accompanying family members on the IRCC website.